Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Everyone

Harold and his Father, Charles "Chuckie" Burnham. .

Today Harold and the crew put on the trailboards, and are working towards finishing the rudder. The faring of the hull is ongoing and everyone pitched in a great deal over Father's Day weekend here in the US.  Dan Tobyne, a great and devoted Dad, has been taking some amazing photos lately and I am going to post more of those tomorrow. Today, it seemed like a good day to mention some of my favorite fathers and their sons and even a father to be. They are all great men and in their individual ways they will always be among my favorites. I saved in the last photo a shot of my cousin David Upton, who is a father and grandfather, and I took this photo last August. In a very sad turn of events, David was shortly after diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer and as today is Father's Day I am sending him my best wishes and love always. And to all of you out there, I just want to raise a toast to all of you fathers  and those fathers to be and do think of our grandfathers and great grandfathers too! 
Dan Tobyne, photographer and a great Dad, took this photo.

Alden Burnham, Harold's son, is 17. A gentleman and a scholar.

Alden, Chad Gadbois, and Harold. Chad is a great Dad, too, with young children.
Chuck Redman has three kids. His son Frankie has worked here many times.

Gordon Hertel, my 10-year old nephew is a great son. His dad is Frank Hertel.

Simon Koch, our neighbor, is expecting his first child and it's a boy!

My extraordinary cousin David Upton. Father of Kalie and grandfather of Grace. Both redheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment